Top Tips to Riding an Electric Scooter like a Pro
Have you gotten a brand new, stylish electric scooter and thinking of how to ride it like a pro? Or you’re yet to get yours but want to know how pros ride their e-scooters? Just read on.
It’s easy to assume that riding a scooter is easy, but how about riding a much more powerful electric scooter? With this article, we at eRYD wants to make sure you have fun and look stylish, and have an amazing time riding our scooters, and of course, not leaving aside staying safe during your ride.
Because we put the safety of our customers first, we worked hard to compile a few tips and tricks to make your riding experience much more fun while keeping you safe!
Please note that we can’t anticipate every scenario, so use common sense and follow local laws while riding your electric scooter. Always remember – safety comes first! Tips before getting started:
Every scooter rider should know and do a couple of things before they start riding their scooter. You have to keep this in mind to ensure you have the best experience possible!
• Get to know where you can and can’t ride your electric scooter. You’re required to comply with local laws during your ride. So we advise that you check your local laws first before riding. Also, never forget always to give way for pedestrians.
• To handle emergencies better, put on appropriate clothing and safety gear, including helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, and other protective gear.
• Do not start or stop suddenly. Do not carry items when riding. Do not ride in the rain or snow.
• Do not let two or more people ride your unit. Electric scooters are designed to support only one person.
• If you are learning, endeavor to have a friend to help you through the beginning phase of gaining balance.
• And finally, before you start, get acquainted with the operating instructions so that you can operate your scooter safely and keep it in the best condition.
6 Tips/Tricks during your Ride:
Do you want to have a great ride and stay safe at the same time? We recommend that you use common sense and try following these safety tips.
1. Do not use your cell phone while using your electric scooter. Stay alert to your environment.
2. Make sure the speed is safe for you and others.
3. Always keep a safe distance from other vehicles to avoid collisions.
4. Endeavor always to place your feet on your unit. It could be dangerous to take your feet off the electric scooter while riding.
5. To maintain balance when you encounter uneven ground, learn to relax your legs while riding with your knees slightly bent.
6. Finally, practice this when steering to avoid sudden fall: always give attention to your body’s center of gravity.
5 Things to avoid during your ride:
Coming across these obstacles can sometimes be unavoidable. But we recommend you try your best to avoid these items if you can:
1. Avoid riding over obstacles and slippery or wet ground, such as snow, ice, and wet surfaces.
2. Avoid riding on items made of cloth, small branches, and stone.
3. Avoid riding in narrow spaces or where there are obstacles.
4. Avoid riding on steep slopes.
5. And finally, avoid riding in dimly lit or dark places unless the light is on. Always drive slow and be cautious.
We hope you have a fun and safe ride!
The eRYD Team